- Guidance & Counseling
- Elementary Counselor's Corner
- Middle School
- Academic Domain
- College and Career Domain
- Enrollment and Elective Registration
- Social and Emotional Domain
- Counselor's Corner
- Progress/Quarter Grade Reports
- Summer Registration Information
- Support Staff
7th/8th Grade Elective Registration
Please refer to the application elective page for more information on additional elective options not available on the Parent Portal.
Students will make their Elective Choices using both the Parent Portal and a Google Online form. The Google form is required in addition to the Portal.
Each student will be able to choose their first choice plus an alternative elective on the portal. The paper elective form will allow students to make four choices and be used as a back-up for the portal choices. Your 1st choice and alternate choice on the portal should be the same as your 1st and 2nd choices on your paper copy. The portal choices will override the Google Form choices if they are not the same so please choose carefully.
Course descriptions can be found by clicking here. You will also find the most recent School Curriculum Guide using this link. Elective choices to be used for the Portal are as follows:
ELECTIVE COURSES PROVISIONALLY OFFERED FOR THE 2023-24 SCHOOL YEAR WILL BE DETERMINED BASED ON ENROLLMENT AND STAFF AVAILABILITY. POSSIBLE COURSES WHICH MAY BE OFFERED ARE SHOWN BELOW.
Incoming/Rising 7th Grade (Priority to 7th)
- Spanish 1A #8901 – a full year course; the 1st of a two year sequence. English grade of ‘B’ is highly recommended (7th grade only) If space is available, 8th grade students who do not qualify to take Spanish 1 will be considered.
Incoming/Rising 8th Grade (8th only)
- Spanish 1B #8871 – a full year course; the 2nd of a two year sequence. English grade of ‘B’ is highly recommended (8th grade only) must have taken Spanish 1A.
- Spanish 1 #1693 – a full year course; this is a high school level course. English grade of ‘B’ is highly recommended (8th grade only)
Incoming/Rising 7th/8th Grades
- Band #0510– a full year course for both beginning and continuing students.
- Wind Ensemble #0513- a full year course requiring a minimum of one year of instrumental experience by audition only. Students should register for course #0510. Qualified band students will be placed into this elective after audition results.
- String Ensemble - a full year course requiring a minimum of one year of instrumental experience by audition only. Qualified orchestra students will be placed into this elective after audition results .
- Mixed Choir #0531 – a full year course, no prior choir experience required.
- Vocal Ensemble - #0535 a full year course requiring a minimum of one year previous choir experience by audition only or teacher approval. Please enroll in Concert choir #0531 qualified choir students will be placed into this elective after audition results.
- Drama/Musical Theatre #9091 Performance based year-long groups participating in both school and community events. Acting based course that may include: pantomime, improvisation, Reader’s Theatre; creating and performance of skits and plays; learning about different genres of media and dramatic arts puppetry: learning about related careers including behind the scenes. Productions may include musical theatre productions. No prior experience required.
- Career Technical Investigation #M9253 – a full year course in computer applications and technology processes. Preference will be given to students who have not previously taken this course.
- Art Advanced #0502 - a full year course in Art; no prior art course is required but Art in 7th grade or in the wheel is recommended. NOTE: There is limited availability for this course and priority will be given to 8th graders.
- Semester Wheel - Elective Choice 24 This course will consist of two different semester electives from those listed below or from other courses we may offer depending on staff availability and student demand.
- Art #8233 - a semester course which will rotate with a different semester elective during the school year. May not be taken twice in the same school year.
- Commercial Music Intro - #M1000 a semester course which will rotate with a different semester elective during the school year. May not be taken twice in the same school year.
- Forensic Science - #M1012 a semester course which will rotate with a different semester elective during the school year. May not be taken twice in the same school year.
- Technology Processes #M1913 - a semester course which will rotate with a different semester elective during the school year. May not be taken twice in the same school year. Alternatively, students should sign up for the Career Technical Investigation Lab course if they desire a year-long technology course.
NOTE: Course offerings will be dependent on staffing and student enrollment and may be subject to change. Low enrollment in specific courses may result in cancellation and we will use student's remaining choices for placement purposes.
ENTERING COURSE REQUESTS ON PARENT PORTAL
Middle School parents will enter their student’s course requests through their Parent Portal Accounts. The window for registration will open February 23, 2023 and close on March 5, 2023.
See instructions on entering Elective Course Requests on the Parent Portal using the Quicklinks on the right section of this page above.
All 7th and 8th graders need to choose 1 primary elective and 1 alternate elective.
7/8th graders interested in taking two electives with a zero period, need to select a 1 primary elective and also select 'zero period request' as a second primary choice. You will then add your 2nd choice elective as an alternate.
Please contact your School Counselor or Guidance Tech for any questions regarding courses and the date range in which you are allowed to add/change your course requests.