- Guidance & Counseling
- Elementary Counselor's Corner
- Middle School
- Academic Domain
- College and Career Domain
- Enrollment and Elective Registration
- Social and Emotional Domain
- Counselor's Corner
- Progress/Quarter Grade Reports
- Summer Registration Information
- Support Staff
SUMMER SCHOOL INFORMATION
9th Grade Registration
- 5:00 - 5:45 open house with academic departments on the main campus
- Maps and guided tours provided by ASB and IMPACT student programs. Tours start in front of the gym if desired.
- 6:00 - 6:45 Presentation by administration at the school stadium
- Topics to include transition to high school, how to register for classes, placement guidelines and campus life including introduction to clubs.
- 6:45 - 7:45 Titan Showcase on the football field with athletic programs and other student organizations to answer questions about sport tryouts, music auditions, club activities, and how to get involved at Tesoro.
- School counselors will also be available to answer general questions about registration and course selection.
- For more information, please check the Tesoro Guidance webpage designed specifically for current 8th graders. The Parent Portal for THS will be open from February 6-20th.
SETTING UP A STUDENT PORTAL ACCOUNT
- Click here for instructions on Creating New Parent and Student Accounts on the Portal
- Click here - Setting up a Parent or Student Portal Account
- Go to your web browser and type in portal.capousd.org
- At the top where you would 'sign-in', click on Parent & Student Portal
- At the bottom of this login box, Click on “Create a New Account”
- Click on "Parent" or “Student”, respectively
- Follow instructions and create an account
- If you need account information (i.e. primary phone used on parent account, student verification code, etc. please see your guidance tech).
HIGH SCHOOL PLACEMENT GUIDELINES
AP Human Geography (formerly Honors World History) - Students who qualify for Honors English I qualify for placement in this course. Students may select this as an additional elective.
Astronomy - Students who do not pass Science 8 may be placed in this course. This course meets CUSD graduation requirements only but is a non college prep course that does not meet the A-G requirements for college admissions.
Physical Education - All 9th grade students must be enrolled in a full year of PE Activities or sport. Students will not be placed into 'tryout sports' until tryouts are completed and lists provided by respective sport coaches.
Honors Algebra II/Trigonometry - Current eighth grade students in Geometry who meet the placement criteria shall be placed into this course. Those not meeting the placement criteria shall be placed into Geometry. See CUSD Math Department webpage for placement criteria.